CoeLux® Srl is a hightech Company established in 2009, headquartered in ComoNExT Technology Park nearby the renowned Como Lake.
Our mission is to foster an innovative solution for lighting, architecture and real estate industries aiming at creating the perception of an extraordinarily wide space, by means of a genuine physical reproduction of optical atmospheric phenomena indoors.
Our unique CoeLux® systems reproduce the true effect of natural sunlight entering through the opening in the integrated ceiling, with a realistic sun perceived at infinite distance surrounded by a clear deep blue sky.
The system works thanks to the combination of three main elements:
- A cutting-edge LED technology that reproduces the sunlight’s spectrum, direction and brightness,
- an optical systems that reproduce the endless distance of the sky and the sun,
- a millimetre-thick nano-structured material that create the Rayleigh scattering
process, which produces the light and the colour of the sky in the atmosphere.
Objects shine in the exceptional light casting sharp sky-blue shadows.
“CoeLux® lighting systems – says Prof. Paolo Di Trapani, the company founder and CEO – reproduce a virtual experience of the sun and sky; especially in a below-ground environment, the effect is so powerful that it may radically change our perception of reality. It allows us to rediscover natural light in the real world in a totally new and surprising way”.
The result is achieved thanks to the comprehensive work carried on by an interdisciplinary team of researchers in the field of optical physics, chemistry, material science, architecture and design.
CoeLux® has received several prestigious international awards including:
- Technology Pioneer 2015 award, awarded by the World Economic Forum,
- FX Awards in theLighting Products category,
- in 2016 CoeLux was awarded the Lux Awards Middle East in the
category “Judges’ Special Technology Award”.
CoeLux, Experience the Sky.